If you are interested to learn about why you should invest in the best castor oil for hair growth, you need to read this article!
In recent years, castor oil has become increasingly popular as a health and beauty aid.
Castor oil is produced by the castor bean (otherwise known as the castor-oil-plant), in which the seeds of the plant produce the actual oil.
This plant is incredibly useful and is one of the best products that you can use to have beautiful and healthy hair.
You can even use castor oil for eyebrow growth!
Along with this, there is also the option of using Jamaican black castor oil, a traditionally-made derivative of castor oil.
If you are interested about learning more, keep reading below!
What is Castor Oil?
Castor oil is a vegetable oil that is rich in fatty acids, resulting from the pressing of the castor oil plant.
It has a viscous, oily, liquid texture; and the color varies from a colorless, to a pale yellow.
This plant has a distinct taste and odor too!
High-quality castor oil is produced by cold pressing, as hot pressing and solvent extraction are used to produce a lower-quality oil.
Cold pressing the oil helps the plant retain more of the vital micronutrients, which is obviously very important.
- 85% Ricinoleic Acid (making it a valuable raw material)
- 2% Oleic Acid
- 1% Linoleic Acid
- .5% Linolenic Acid, Steric Acid, Palmitic Acid
The Main Producers of Castor Oil Are:
Although the United States does not produce castor oil, the USA is the main industrial consumer of this product.
The most valuable properties of castor oil in cosmetology include:
- Skin Softening and Nourishing (Including Even Sensitive Skin-types)
- Skin “Whitening” (Which is Commonly Used to Prevent Pigment Pots and Freckles)
- Promotes a Smoother Overall Complexion with Regular Use
- Powerful and Consistent Anti-Aging Effects
- Rich in Valuable Antioxidants Which Help to Prevent Wrinkles from Forming
- Strengthening of the Eyelashes, Eyebrows, and Hair
- Removing Cracks and Visible Blemishes from Dry Skin, Minor Scars, and Skin “Growths”
- Assisting with the Removal of Corns
How to Use Castor Oil for Hair Growth
Castor oil has long been used as a “folk” cosmetology product, because of its value in the form of rich nutritional index.
Unlike other oils, castor oil is absorbing deep into the skin, down to the hair roots.
Due to this action, it helps to transport necessary nutrients directly into the roots!
Along with it, castor oil nourishes your hair roots and hair scalp on a deep level that other products cannot reach.
Because of the nutritional fact that it may help you to grow stronger and healthier hair, here is how you can use castor oil at home, in the form of mask:
- First, spread the oil all over your hair scalp
- Next, put on a shower cap or plastic bag so it covers your whole head
- After that, cover it with a towel.
- Now- sit down and wait for 15 minutes
- Finally, wash off the castor oil “mask” and you are done!
P.S.- Castor oil has an incredibly viscous texture.
Make sure you wash your hair extra carefully, or you are at risk of having greasy hair once it has dried out.
This will not cause anything negative or bad, but your hair will probably not look clean.
For easier use, you can mix castor oil with grape seed or coconut oil!
Doing so will make the texture less viscous and will neutralize some of castor oil’s “specific” smell.
For the best result, make sure you repeat this mask once per week for 6-8 weeks in a row!
If you do so, I am very confident you will be happy with your visible result!
According to Mario G. Ruiseco, castor oil was one of the oils
“used to treat dry scalp and skin conditions by placing the mixture on the treatment area for a substantial period of time and then shampooing it off.”
Castor oil essentially will help to “return to life” your dry and brittle hair. Along with that, it may minimize the cross-section of hair tips.
Related Reading: How to Grow Long Hair
Can You Use Castor Oil and Coconut Oil Together for Hair Growth?
Castor and coconut oil perfectly fit together, because coconut oil helps to make castor oil more liquid-ey.
Along with this, coconut oils is great for your hair as well!
Coconut oil is one of the only other products which can rival the benefits of castor oil for your hair.
If you use castor oil and coconut together, you are getting an excellent combination!
As I said before, I also like grapeseed oil a lot as well!
Coconut oil, grape seed oil, and castor oil is an awesome combination for your hair!
If you want to use these oils together simply mix them in the proportions of about 4:1 or 3:1 (where the “1” is castor oil).
Is Castor Oil Good for Eyebrow and Eyelash Growth?
I personally think that castor oil is the best natural care product for eyelash and eyebrows growth!
Yes, I said it.
Before you decide to use castor oil near your eyes, you should be sure to make a skin-allergy test for castor oil itself.
Just clear that up first, it doesn’t take long.
Now, back to how amazing this oil is!
Simply because of the fact that the same way they are affecting hair, it is reaching the roots and delivering necessary nutrients for healthy growth to your eyebrows and eyelashes.
According to the “Handbook of Dermatology: A Practical Manual” castor oil has many uses, including cosmetology to increase eyebrow growth.
Simply use it 1-2 times per day, for visibly results.
For an even better result, I suggest you mix castor oil with grapeseed and/or coconut oil.
However, that is just my personal opinion.
To me- the texture is much better this way!
How to Use Castor Oil for Eyebrow Growth Is:
- Clean your eyebrows and skin with your favorite facial wash, or gentle shampoo.
- Apply the castor oil to the eyebrows by using a clean, oil-soaked cotton swab. Repeat the same action with a new cotton swab, on the other brow as well.
- In the morning, carefully wash oil off your brows and eyes with (first) warm, and (after) cold water.
How to Use Castor Oil for Eyelash Growth Is:
This same procedure can be done for your eyelashes, just by using a clean mascara wand!
- Remove the wand from the old mascara container and clean it up. Make sure that the wand is fully clean and doesn’t have any makeup traces left.
- Thoroughly wash your face with your favorite facial wash.
- Soak the following wand in the obtained oil mixture and press the wand against the sides of the container to remove any excess oil.
- Apply the mixture to your eyelashes, the same way as you would use your mascara. It is very important to use just a tiny amount of oil and apply only a thin layer!
- In the morning, thoroughly wash your face with your favorite facial wash with (first) warm, and (after) cold water.
Be extra careful while applying the oil, and please avoid contact with your eyes!
In case of contact with your eyes, rinse the eyes with running water as soon as you can!
In case of serious inflammation, please call a doctor!
What is the Best Castor Oil for Your Hair?
If you are searching for superior quality castor oil, you need to buy the cold-pressed version.
Cold-pressed castor oil retains many more nutrients and is simply better in quality.
Personally, I am recommending you to buy Home Health Castor Oil on Amazon.
This brand produces an excellent castor oil, and it is also affordable.
You will have extra money left over for coconut oil or grapeseed oil too!
The problem with the traditional heat-pressed oil is that it loses most of its nutrients, and honestly there is no reason why you should buy it.
Make sure that there no other ingredients on the package as well, if you choose to buy one other than what I recommended!
Characteristics of high-quality castor oil include:
- Transparent mass with a yellow and brownish tinge
- Consistency is clearly viscous and thick, but not flowy
- You can clearly understand its specific smell
- It is easy to spread on the skin and hair
What is Jamaican Black Castor Oil?
Jamaican black castor oil is produced by roasting the seeds of the castor-oil-plant, which is giving the castor oil a black color, and even stronger smell!
Along with these physical characteristics, it also produces chemical changes in the oil itself.
Jamaican black castor oil stimulates the production of keratin, which promotes hair growth.
However, it only partly explains the effectiveness of Jamaican black castor oil in the hair loss treatment.
Incredibly, the exact mechanism of its action is unknown!
Research has been conducted to determine why it is so effective, but a singular “cause” has not been found yet.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Benefits
Regular use of Jamaican black castor oil will help you to:
- Effectively Moisturize Your Scalp and Hair
- Minimize and Prevent Hair Loss and Hair Damaging
- Help to Improve Your Hair Thickness and Shine
- Increase the Health of Your Hair Overall
Usually, people who use Jamaican black castor oil for a few months experience an increase in hair growth, and hair thickness.
This product has been used for years as an effective treatment for many hair and scalp issues!
How to Use Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Growth
Honestly, it is easy to use this oil for hair growth!
- Simply massage Jamaican black castor oil into your hair scalp and leave it for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes are up, carefully wash your hair with soft shampoo.
- Use this mask 2 times per week, and you will be able to see visible results within a few weeks!
One note- the thick concentration of this oil may have some people feeling an “itchy scalp”.
If you are one of these people or had a similar experience with other natural oils, simply mix the oil with your favorite shampoo.
This will dilute the concentration, but still provide you with all the benefits you are looking for!
Best Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Your Hair
Regardless of where you buy your Jamaican castor oil the first step is to make sure that Jamaican black castor oil it is the only ingredient listed on the package.
I recommend you buy Tropical Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil from Amazon!
The color of quality Jamaican black castor oil isn’t fully “black,” it’s just a little darker compared to regular castor oil.
Along with this, it has a little bit of a stronger smell.
As I said before, the consistency is viscous and thick, but not flowy.
Concluding Thoughts – Castor Oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair
Both castor oil and Jamaican Black castor oil will promote healthy hair growth and will increase your hair’s health overall.
But their benefits for your hair aren’t their only benefits at all!
There is a lot more to learn about both products, as they are valuable to our health in a variety of ways.
I hope you found my article helpful, and you found answers to all your questions.
If you didn’t, feel free to contact me at the contact form or at my social media, and I will do my best to answer to you as soon as it’s possible!
See Also: Best Argan Oil for Your Hair