Have you ever wondered how to make a DIY face mask for acne, or a homemade facial mask for your dry skin?
Why would you spend your $$ on an expensive bottle or jar of facial masks, when you can quickly whip one up using all natural and pure ingredients already a part of your pantry or home garden?
Also, have you ever bothered reading the ingredients listed on a facial mask bottle?
It is full of chemicals and preservatives!
While it would clean your face, nourish your skin, and take the gunk out of your pores, it will simultaneously transmit so many unnecessary and unwanted chemicals in your body!
Why take the risk?
Natural and holistic skin regiments garner the best results anyways!
Use one of these tried and tested homemade facial mask recipes to make a diy face mask for acne or other type of homemade facial mask, and you will be thankful for the results you will see after just a few uses.
Homemade Facial Masks According to Your Skin Type
Always select the ingredients for a face mask according to your skin type. If you are not sure what your skin type is, determine it yourself through this simple test.
Wash your face, then let it air dry and wait for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, take a tissue or blotting paper and pat it on your cheeks, nose, and forehead.
If you see oil on it, you have oily skin.
If the blotting paper stays clean and dry, you have dry skin.
If only certain areas of your face get the paper oily, then you have a combination skin.
Once you have determined your skin type, you can move on and use any of these homemade facial masks for acne!
Homemade Face Mask for Combination to Dry Skin
If you have dry skin; make oats, almonds and glycerin your best friend.
Oats are a natural cleansing and polishing agent that not only removes dirt and impurities from the surface of the skin, but also scrubs off the dead skin cells.
Overall, this leaves behind very soft and smooth facial skin.
Almonds are rich in fatty acids and potassium which nourish the skin.
Glycerin, the cheapest of all, has a tendency of pulling the moisture out from the air towards your skin, thus an ideal ingredient to be used for dry skin!
Homemade Facial Mask Recipe for Combination to Dry Skin
- Ground Oats – 3 Tbsp
- Ground Almonds – 1 Tbsp
- Glycerin – ½ Tsp
- Fresh Milk – 3 Tbsp
Step 1.) Mix all ingredients together and make a thick paste.
Step 2.) Apply on damp facial skin, and massage in a circular motion for almost 5 minutes.
Step 3.) Finally, rinse with warm water.
Homemade Face Mask for Combination to Oily Skin
Clay is the best ingredient for oily skin, since it has a tendency to absorb all the excess oil on your face.
Bentonite clay is the best among all.
You might not have heard about bentonite clay for face care before, but you can easily buy it on Amazon.
When mixed with apple cider vinegar, bentonite clay makes the strongest facial mask of all time; which literally acts like a magnet and pulls out all blackheads, whiteheads and impurities for your facial pores!
My personal suggestion is to use Fossil Power Bentonite Clay ($16.99).
Fossil Power Betonite Clay is a high quality, 100% unrefined and pure Bentonite Clay product. Their bentonite clay is an extra fine powder with no fillers, binders, additives or preservatives!
- √ SUPERIOR: Enjoy our high quality, 100% Unrefined and Pure Sodium Bentonite Clay, an extra fine powder with no fillers, binders, additives or preservatives
- √ SAFE AND EDIBLE: Our Bentonite Clay is safe to ingest. This edible cleansing supplement may cleanse your body of foreign substances and harmful toxins. It may help you feel energized and reduce those lingering headaches
- √ ALL IN ONE TREATMENT: No need for an expensive kit, this Bentonite Clay does it all; Have fun with DIY projects at a cheaper cost, easily whip up mud face and hair treatments, teeth cleaners, clay baths, acne treatments, homemade soap and shampoos, and even deodorant
- √ SKIN SOOTHER: Rich in organic minerals such as silica, calcium, iron and potassium. Rejuvenate your skin with intense hydration, suppleness and radiant glow. No itching or redness after using!
- Additional Keywords: ingestible bar healing aztec best hydrated powdered bulk capsules usda wash lotion vegan paste dogs drinkable cream liquid
We also suggest an addition of matcha green tea in the mixture, as matcha is a rich source of natural antioxidants and maintains the elasticity and natural shine of skin. You can buy high quality matcha from Amazon, and add it with these other ingredients!
Although you can use a more affordable option, I believe the best matcha powder that you can purchase is MatchaDNA ($19.95).
MatchaDNA is a superior product for your homemade facial masks for acne because it is produced in superior conditions. MatchaDNA is produced in the Hiroshi Family Farms of Hunan China, which is the origin of matcha tea. This matcha is grown under handmade bamboo reed canopies, which means it contains more:
- Natural Antioxidants
- B-Complex Vitamins
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Beta Carotene
- Amino Acids
- 🍵 100% USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC - All MatchaDNA teas are USDA Certified Organic. Our farms have been inspected and meet the stringent USDA Organic rules and requirements.
Homemade Facial Mask Recipe for Combination to Oily Skin
- Bentonite Clay – 2 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Matcha Green Tea Powder – ½ tsp
Step 1.) Mix all ingredients in a glass bowl to form a thick paste, and use water as required to dilute the consistency if it gets too thick and difficult to handle.
Step 2.) Use a silicone brush, or your clean fingers to spread the paste on your skin, and leave it on for five minutes.
Step 3.) Afterwards, wash with luke warm water.
Follow with a product such as Teddie Organics Rose Water Facial ($10.00).
- 100% PURE & ORGANIC ROSE WATER. There are no Chemicals, no Preservatives and definitely no Artificial Fragrances in our Rosewater. Just the pure scent of Organic roses dispensed through a convenient, easy to use facial spray cap.
- COMPLETE SKIN CARE. Provides instant hydration for your face and neck whilst rejuvenating tired skin, helping to create a more vibrant and youthful complexion. Lightweight and versatile face toner that will restore your skin's pH balance and absorb excess oils (without causing dryness). Use this before applying our Organic Argan Oil for a new, natural beauty regimen.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES. Normal, Oily, Dry and sensitive. We haven't included Witch Hazel in this toner as it can be a trigger for Rosacea. So you can use it with confidence that it will not make you break out in rash! This product is also a great toner for teen kids who are just starting out with make up. Great skin prep for Serums and Moisturizers and it can help unblock and tighten stubborn pores.
- PERFECT FACIAL TONER. Anti-inflammatory properties of the organic rose water will calm skin irritations and can help with sunburn/razor burn. It can even help make your hair soft and shiny and provide hydration for your scalp. Great as a calming finish to any fitness or yoga session! Spray on to refresh tired skin after long car or plane journeys. Keep the conveniently sized 2oz bottle in your bag and our best value 4oz bottle at home!
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. We believe our Rose Water is great for all skin types. However, if you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase we will insist on refunding your money. You even get to keep the bottle so your friends or family can try it out. It's what we call our Risk Free Lifetime Guarantee.
DIY Face Mask for Acne Prone Skin
If you are prone to acne, we highly suggest you try some of the age old Ayurvedic skincare secrets and mask recipes for your DIY face mask for acne.
Nutmeg, cinnamon, and turmeric are believed to work miraculously for active acne since these ingredients have natural anti-bacterial properties, and you could easily consider this combination the best DIY acne facial mask recipe!
You could purchase a good Ayurvedic skincare remedy from Amazon like Annmarie Skin Care Ayurvedic Facial Scrub ($35.79), or you can make your own using the recipe below!
- ANCIENT BEAUTY SECRETS, TRENDING NOW - Exfoliating scrubs are hot trends in skin care, but they can be intimidating, especially if you have sensitive or combination skin. Balanced scrubs should not only exfoliate and cleanse, but leave all skin types soft, smooth, and fresh. Clays have stood the test of time for a reason.*
- EXFOLIATING, CLEANSING, SOFTENING - This fragrant Indian herbal treatment with horsetail and fenugreek seeds exfoliates and softens. Mineral-rich Rhassoul clay from the Atlas Mountains of Morocco absorbs excess oil. This gentle but powerful treatment leaves skin revitalized, fresh and alive.*
- BETTER INGREDIENTS, BETTER RESULTS - Paraben free. Alcohol free. Transparent labeling and 100% honesty. No artificial colors, scents, or GMO-sourced ingredients. Handcrafted in small batches. We research, curate, infuse, and combine our carefully sourced ingredients to create the most effective skin care possible.*
- YOU TIME - Combine 1 teaspoon with a few drops of water in the palm of the hand. Mix to form a paste. For a richer scrub, blend with Aloe Herb Cleanser (1 to 2 pumps). Gently massage paste onto face and neck. Wipe clean with a wet, warm towel. Follow with your favorite serum and/or moisturizer. Use as needed, 2 to 4 times a week. NOTE: This herbal formula must stay dry. Avoid allowing any moisture into the container to prevent spoiling.*
- ORGANIC & WILDCRAFTED - Annmarie Skin Care products are naturally formulated, with organically grown and wildcrafted ingredients. We work with small farmers and innovative chemists to offer you the most potent, handcrafted botanical products available. Our products are sustainably packaged, cruelty-free, and made in the U.S.A.
DIY Facial Mask Recipe for Acne Prone Skin
- Nutmeg Powder – 1 Pinch
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 Pinch
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Gram Flour – 2 Tbsp
Step 1.) Mix all the ingredients together, and apply only on your active acne.
Step 2.) Leave it on for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
You will notice an immediate reduction in the swelling of your pimples, and with continued use you will get rid of them all!
Do It Yourself Face Mask for Spot Reduction
Tomatoes, lemons, cucumbers and potatoes are rich in antioxidants, and natural bleaching agents. They work brilliantly for spot reduction on your face, whether it is sun spots you are worried about or acne marks.
Do It Yourself Mask Recipe for Spot Reduction of Facial Blemishes
- Tomato Juice – 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice – ½ Tbsp
- Cucumber Juice – 3 Tbsp
- Potato Juice – 3 Tbsp
Step 1.) Grate potato and cucumber to extract their juices, and combine them all together.
Step 2.) Apply all over your face with a cotton ball, and leave for as long as you can. (The best way to do this is to leave overnight.)
Step 3.) Wash off the face mask!
Concluding Thoughts – Recipes to Make a DIY Acne Face Mask and More
Making your own DIY face mask for acne or homemade facial mask for any type of skin is a great choice for many people. Most of the time, they are much more affordable and very effective.
These homemade facial mask recipes are great options to try!
Additional Reading: Career Ideas for Beauty Enthusiasts