Have you ever wondered how to make a DIY face mask for acne, or a homemade facial mask for your dry skin?
Why would you spend your $$ on an expensive bottle or jar of facial masks, when you can quickly whip one up using all natural and pure ingredients already a part of your pantry or home garden?
Also, have you ever bothered reading the ingredients listed on a facial mask bottle?
It is full of chemicals and preservatives!
While it would clean your face, nourish your skin, and take the gunk out of your pores, it will simultaneously transmit so many unnecessary and unwanted chemicals in your body!
Why take the risk?
Natural and holistic skin regiments garner the best results anyways!
Use one of these tried and tested homemade facial mask recipes to make a diy face mask for acne or other type of homemade facial mask, and you will be thankful for the results you will see after just a few uses.
Homemade Facial Masks According to Your Skin Type
Always select the ingredients for a face mask according to your skin type. If you are not sure what your skin type is, determine it yourself through this simple test.
Wash your face, then let it air dry and wait for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, take a tissue or blotting paper and pat it on your cheeks, nose, and forehead.
If you see oil on it, you have oily skin.
If the blotting paper stays clean and dry, you have dry skin.
If only certain areas of your face get the paper oily, then you have a combination skin.
Once you have determined your skin type, you can move on and use any of these homemade facial masks for acne!
Homemade Face Mask for Combination to Dry Skin
If you have dry skin; make oats, almonds and glycerin your best friend.
Oats are a natural cleansing and polishing agent that not only removes dirt and impurities from the surface of the skin, but also scrubs off the dead skin cells.
Overall, this leaves behind very soft and smooth facial skin.
Almonds are rich in fatty acids and potassium which nourish the skin.
Glycerin, the cheapest of all, has a tendency of pulling the moisture out from the air towards your skin, thus an ideal ingredient to be used for dry skin!
Homemade Facial Mask Recipe for Combination to Dry Skin
- Ground Oats – 3 Tbsp
- Ground Almonds – 1 Tbsp
- Glycerin – ½ Tsp
- Fresh Milk – 3 Tbsp
Step 1.) Mix all ingredients together and make a thick paste.
Step 2.) Apply on damp facial skin, and massage in a circular motion for almost 5 minutes.
Step 3.) Finally, rinse with warm water.
Homemade Face Mask for Combination to Oily Skin
Clay is the best ingredient for oily skin, since it has a tendency to absorb all the excess oil on your face.
Bentonite clay is the best among all.
You might not have heard about bentonite clay for face care before, but you can easily buy it on Amazon.
When mixed with apple cider vinegar, bentonite clay makes the strongest facial mask of all time; which literally acts like a magnet and pulls out all blackheads, whiteheads and impurities for your facial pores!
My personal suggestion is to use Fossil Power Bentonite Clay ($16.99).
Fossil Power Betonite Clay is a high quality, 100% unrefined and pure Bentonite Clay product. Their bentonite clay is an extra fine powder with no fillers, binders, additives or preservatives!
- √ Superior: Enjoy our high quality, 100% Unrefined and Pure Sodium Bentonite Clay, an extra fine...
- √ Safe and Edible: Our Bentonite Clay is safe to ingest. This edible supplement mayhelp rid your...
- √ All in One Treatment: No need for an expensive kit, this Bentonite Clay does it all; Have fun...
- √ Skin Soother: Rich in organic minerals such as silica, calcium, iron and potassium. Rejuvenate...
We also suggest an addition of matcha green tea in the mixture, as matcha is a rich source of natural antioxidants and maintains the elasticity and natural shine of skin. You can buy high quality matcha from Amazon, and add it with these other ingredients!
Although you can use a more affordable option, I believe the best matcha powder that you can purchase is MatchaDNA ($19.95).
MatchaDNA is a superior product for your homemade facial masks for acne because it is produced in superior conditions. MatchaDNA is produced in the Hiroshi Family Farms of Hunan China, which is the origin of matcha tea. This matcha is grown under handmade bamboo reed canopies, which means it contains more:
- Natural Antioxidants
- B-Complex Vitamins
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Beta Carotene
- Amino Acids
- 🍵 DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS TEA: 16 oz Tin Can of MatchaDNA Organic Green Tea Powder is naturally...
- 🍵 100% USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC - All MatchaDNA teas are USDA Certified Organic. Our farms have...
- 🍵 LAB TESTED FOR LEAD AND HEAVY METALS: Each batch is also tested for Lead and heavy metals by...
- 🍵 CERTIFIED BPA-FREE PACKAGING - All MatchaDNA Matcha tea packaging is Certified BPA-FREE. We are...
- 🍵 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - MatchaDNA stands behind every product it makes. We are confident...
Homemade Facial Mask Recipe for Combination to Oily Skin
- Bentonite Clay – 2 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Matcha Green Tea Powder – ½ tsp
Step 1.) Mix all ingredients in a glass bowl to form a thick paste, and use water as required to dilute the consistency if it gets too thick and difficult to handle.
Step 2.) Use a silicone brush, or your clean fingers to spread the paste on your skin, and leave it on for five minutes.
Step 3.) Afterwards, wash with luke warm water.
Follow with a product such as Teddie Organics Rose Water Facial ($10.00).
- 100% PURE & ORGANIC ROSE FLOWER WATER. Other brands on Amazon are NOT Organic. There are no...
- COMPLETE SKIN CARE. Provides instant hydration for your face and neck whilst rejuvenating tired...
- SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES. Normal, Oily, Dry and sensitive. We haven't included Witch Hazel in...
- PERFECT FACIAL TONER. Anti-inflammatory properties of the rose will calm skin irritations and can...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. We believe our Rose Water is great for all skin types. However, if...
DIY Face Mask for Acne Prone Skin
If you are prone to acne, we highly suggest you try some of the age old Ayurvedic skincare secrets and mask recipes for your DIY face mask for acne.
Nutmeg, cinnamon, and turmeric are believed to work miraculously for active acne since these ingredients have natural anti-bacterial properties, and you could easily consider this combination the best DIY acne facial mask recipe!
You could purchase a good Ayurvedic skincare remedy from Amazon like Annmarie Skin Care Ayurvedic Facial Scrub ($35.79), or you can make your own using the recipe below!
- Ancient Beauty Secrets, Trending Now - Exfoliating scrubs are hot trends in skin care, but they can...
- Exfoliating, Cleansing, Softening - This fragrant Indian herbal treatment with horsetail and...
- Better Ingredients, Better Results - Paraben free. Alcohol free. Transparent labeling and 100%...
- You Time - Combine 1 teaspoon with a few drops of water in the palm of the hand. Mix to form a...
- Organic & Wildcrafted - Annmarie Skin Care products are naturally formulated, with organically grown...
DIY Facial Mask Recipe for Acne Prone Skin
- Nutmeg Powder – 1 Pinch
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 Pinch
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Gram Flour – 2 Tbsp
Step 1.) Mix all the ingredients together, and apply only on your active acne.
Step 2.) Leave it on for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
You will notice an immediate reduction in the swelling of your pimples, and with continued use you will get rid of them all!
Do It Yourself Face Mask for Spot Reduction
Tomatoes, lemons, cucumbers and potatoes are rich in antioxidants, and natural bleaching agents. They work brilliantly for spot reduction on your face, whether it is sun spots you are worried about or acne marks.
Do It Yourself Mask Recipe for Spot Reduction of Facial Blemishes
- Tomato Juice – 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice – ½ Tbsp
- Cucumber Juice – 3 Tbsp
- Potato Juice – 3 Tbsp
Step 1.) Grate potato and cucumber to extract their juices, and combine them all together.
Step 2.) Apply all over your face with a cotton ball, and leave for as long as you can. (The best way to do this is to leave overnight.)
Step 3.) Wash off the face mask!
Concluding Thoughts – Recipes to Make a DIY Acne Face Mask and More
Making your own DIY face mask for acne or homemade facial mask for any type of skin is a great choice for many people. Most of the time, they are much more affordable and very effective.
These homemade facial mask recipes are great options to try!
Additional Reading: Career Ideas for Beauty Enthusiasts